What We Believe: (Click to Open or Close)
What We Believe:
- THE BIBLE: We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God; through which He reveals himself to mankind. It has no error in its original texts and is the only and infallible rule for faith and conduct.
- THE TRINITY: We believe in the unity of the one true and living God who is the eternal, self-existent ‘I AM’; who has also revealed Himself as one Being co-existing in Three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- JESUS CHRIST: We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His real and complete humanity, in His sinless life, in His authoritative teaching, in His substitutionary and atoning sacrifice through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His heavenly intercession and His second advent to receive His Church.
- HOLY SPIRIT: We believe in the deity of the Holy Spirit; and His work in conviction of sin, repentance, regeneration and sanctification; and that the believer is also promised an enduement of power through the baptism in the Holy Spirit with signs following. Through this enduement the believer is empowered for witness and service.
- MANKIND: We believe in the universal sinfulness of all men since the Fall; rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- SALVATION: We believe in the necessity of repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation; by which the sinner is pardoned and accepted as righteous in God’s sight. This justification is imputed by the grace of God through the atoning work of Christ. It is received by faith alone; and is evidenced by obedience to God, the Fruit of the Spirit, and holiness of life and conduct.
- THE CHURCH: We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ; and that these believers comprise the universal Church, the Body of Christ.
- MINISTRY: We believe in the ministries that Christ has set in His Church; and in the present operation of the supernatural Gifts of the Holy Spirit according to the New Testament; and in the power of God to work wonders, miracles and healings in the present day.
- ORDINANCES: We believe that baptism of believers by immersion in water, and the observance of the Lord’s Supper; are ordinances given by the Lord to His Church. Baptism: as a public testimony of conversion to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, in identification with His death, burial and resurrection. The Lord’s Supper: in memory of His death, as the sign of the New Covenant, and in anticipation of His return to earth.
- THE COMMISSION: We believe that the Gospel embraces the needs of the whole person; and that the Church is therefore commissioned to preach the gospel to the world.
- THE FUTURE STATE: We believe in the resurrection of the dead and in the final judgement of the world; the eternal conscious bliss of the righteous and the eternal conscious punishment of the wicked.
- MARRIAGE: We believe that marriage was instituted by God and confirmed by Christ, as the union between a man and a woman born as such
Where we're Heading (Click to Open or Close)
Where we’re Heading
It is our desire and intention to build a culturally and generationally relevant New Testament Church that will fulfil God’s purpose of reaching the lost with the wonderful news of the Gospel. Our vision is for the Church to be expressed in the following ways:
- Where Large gatherings (of the whole Church at one venue) are dynamic meetings of praise, worship and inspirational ministry; and
- where Small gatherings (in House Groups) give opportunity for the purpose of the ministry to be realised and released through open and honest interaction with each other.
“We Have a Dream” is a presentation based on an original concept borrowed by permission from A. Hewitt.
You can watch the presentation below:
A Bit of History (Click to Open or Close)
Before TCF was registered as a Church; a number of people used to meet together for worship at the Fontana Hotel in Torrevieja on Thursday nights.
The people later met for a while at Mil Palmeras. At that time, David Caldwell was the pastor.
TCF was officially registered in November.
Sunday services began. After a few ‘temporary’ locations; the Church rented the old chicken shop on Calle Zoa; and grew under the ministry of David and Gill Purdham.
After about 7 years, the Church had outgrown that location; as between 70 and 80 people were gathering regularly.
TCF moved to new rented premises at Calle San Luis 20.
David and Gill Purdham retired and returned to the UK.
John and Doreen Jessop came from Ware in the UK to pastor the Church; and TCF again grew to the point where 2 services were needed each Sunday to accommodate the congregation which grew to more than 150 people meeting regularly (up to 180 on special occasions).
In July, John and Doreen retired from TCF and Roy and Wendy Davies relocated from Glynneath in South Wales to lead the Church.
The Church has moved to beautiful new premises on Avenida de las Cortes Valencianas 68. The Opening Ceremony was held on 7th October.
The Church continues to grow in numbers and influence; and we are looking forward to seeing hundreds of people being influenced by the love of God as a result of the activities of TCF. We thank God for those who have contributed to the growth of TCF over the years.
TCF has a great history – and we are believing for an even greater future!